Thursday, February 4, 2010

iPad, the Dream Machine

Following predictions have been made about iPad.

  1. Tablets will turn out to be the 21st-century equivalent of the printed page.
  2. It will replace the laptop.
  3. It will eat into Netbooks sales.
  4. It is a threat to dedicated e-reader like Amazon's "Kindle".
  5. It will become a popular gaming machine.
I am a long time fan of Apple. My first interaction with a computer was with Apple IIE back in 1985. It was a love at first sight. I dreamed of having an Apple machine in my office ever since. Finally, I was able to get hold of an Apple 'Mac G3' and then 'Mac G4' in late 2000. I am enjoying occasionally Mac G4, which has Mac OSX 10.4 operating system and hunting for a used Mac G5 but still without any success. 

I also like to make some predictions for iPad. Here is my list.
  1. It will replace dedicated e-readers.
  2. It will kill netbooks.
  3. It will be used as a replacement of laptop on shop floors and would be used for statistical and notetaking purposes.
  4. It will not replace the laptop but laptops would be sort of convertible tablets.
  5. It will not replace the mobile phone like iPhone for that matter.
  6. It will not be a success as gaming machine.


Apple unveils the iPad: Steve Jobs and the tablet of hope | The Economist

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment