Thursday, November 3, 2011

Writing

I have number of blogs and it is really very difficult for me to keep posting to all of them different pieces. Sometimes, even it is difficult to regularly post to my this blog. While searching for tips on writing ideas, I came across Scott Berkun. He says

The first goal is to get one word on the page. It can be any word, but you have to choose it, and put it down. I’m partial to the ridiculous[1], so for me it’s often Papaya, Pomegranate or Throat-warbler-man-grove (If you’re thinking that’s not a word, go back two paragraphs). If one word was easy, go for two. Still feeling lucky? Go for a small sentence. It doesn’t matter what the words are, but get them down. Write the lyrics to the song on the radio, the names of people you’ve slept with, your favorite Dr. Seuss lines, it just doesn’t matter. Once all the magic muscles in your little fingers get going, you’ll soon find yourself, in between rounds of one fish blue fish, writing some intelligent things. If it peters out, repeat. Return to the unit of writing anyone can do, and build up again.

I think, he is right.

I will be syndicating my blog posts to my blogs wherever relevant. All the posts shall be part of this blog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment